Sunday, May 6, 2012

Rave Runs

  Back before I did all of my running and fitness reading on the web, I subscribed to Runner's World magazine.  It's a great magazine, but I no longer subscribe because I do so much reading on my Kindle these days.  My most favorite page in Runner's World was the page called Rave Run.  I miss that page.

  The Rave Run page wasn't an article, it was just a photograph.... with a caption.  The caption simply stated where the location was that the photograph was taken.  Each time my magazine came in the mail, I always flipped straight to that page.  The Rave Run was always some fabulously amazing destination in which a runner was running.  Real places and a real runner.   I dream of those places.





(I walked on this boardwalk, but didn't run there.)


  In the years that I have been running, when I see some breathtaking place, I imagine myself there as a Rave Runner.  Just getting out and going for a run in my usual neighborhood is always rejuvenating and is a great way to de-stress, but running somewhere new is always an even bigger treat.

This weekend, our family went camping.....not too far away from home, because we had to drive back and forth to baseball games.  During our camping trip, the boys were thrilled to get to spend time right outside our camper fishing with their Daddy.



And I was ecstatic to squeeze in a 6 mile run while they did so.

It was such a refreshing run to be able to run the entire 6 miles alongside the river.....with my little exercise buddy tagging along behind me on his bicycle.  Getting to complete a run in a new place with a change of scenery is the icing on the cake for a vacation.



Although the run wasn't in a magazine worthy location, it was my own version of a Rave Run.



Hopefully, I will be able to share more lovely running locations here on Mommy Miles as I encounter them.

Where are some of your favorite places to run?

I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment